Sonicwall Network Security Firewall
Approved for Network-wide Filtering
Download Installation Instructions Here
Sonicwall network security firewall is a hardware solution for medium to large businesses. The Sonicwall device is installed in a network environment between the ISP modem and your internal network and will filter any device connected to the network.
- One point of management for the whole network
- Ability to set different levels of filtering with a username and password
- Has the option on some models for Deep Packet Inspection
- Optional client filtering for mobile computers outside the network
- Can enforce Google Safe Search
- Requires Total Secure subscription for content filtering
- Requires some network knowledge to setup
Note: After testing, Sonicwall Network Security Firewall has been approved as an acceptable content filter according to the requirements set forth in the Weaverland Conference Electronic Technology Usage Guidelines. Please remember that no filter can be guaranteed to filter out all objectionable content; therefore the Weatec Accountability Software must be installed on all devices in order to be in compliance with Weaverland Conference guidelines. The accountability software logs all web traffic, thus fostering brotherhood accountability. So even if objectionable content is missed by Sonicwall, the content will still trigger a flag on the accountability server. Use the Weaverland Conference template as a minimum; there is nothing preventing you from choosing stricter settings.