Untangle Home Web Filter
Approved for Home Network-wide Filtering
Download the installation instructions here.
Untangle NG Firewall Home is a hardware solution designed for home networks. The Untangle Device is installed in a network enviroment between the ISP modem and your internal network and will filter any device connected to the network. It is a subscription-based service, and offers the following solutions as listed by Untangle:
- Web Filter – Premium web content filtering.
- SSL Inspector – Decrypt HTTPS to allow other apps to process the datastream.
- Policy Manager – Create web usage restrictions, such as teacher vs student.
- WAN Failover – Keep yourself online with multiple ISP”s.
- WAN Balancer – Leverage multiple ISP”s for better bandwidth utilization.
- IPsec VPN – Securely connect your network to others.
- Application Control – Control any application or protocol with a checkbox or use the Integrated Rules Engine to leverage other Untangle apps for complex rules.
- Web Cache – Save time and money by caching frequently accessed items.
- Bandwidth Control – Prioritize traffic as you see fit.
- Spam Blocker – Stop spam before it hits your mail server.
- Directory Connector – Enforce restrictions and view reports by Active Directory user name.
- Phish Blocker
- Intrusion Prevention
As of October 2018, the annual price for the Home Package costs $50.00. Find more information at https://www.untangle.com/untangle-ng-firewall/untangle-at-home.
Note: After testing, Untangle has been approved as an acceptable category-based content filter if configured to meet the requirements set forth in the Weaverland Conference Electronic Technology Usage Guidelines. Please remember that no filter can be guaranteed to filter out all objectionable content; therefore the Weatec Accountability Software must be installed on all devices in order to be in compliance with Weaverland Conference guidelines. The accountability software logs all web traffic, thus fostering brotherhood accountability. So even if objectionable content is missed by Untangle, the content will still trigger a flag on the accountability server. Use the following configuration as a minimum; there is nothing preventing you from choosing stricter settings.