Untangle Web Filter (Now Part Of Arista Networks)
Approved for Network-wide Filtering
Download the installation instructions here.
Untangle NG Firewall is a hardware solution for small to medium businesses. The Untangle Device is installed in a network enviroment between the ISP modem and your internal network and will filter any device connected to the network. It is a subscription-based service, and offers the following solutions as listed by Untangle:
- Web Filter – Premium web content filtering.
- HTTPS Inspector – Decrypt HTTPS to allow other apps to process the datastream.
- Live Support – For easy resolution of any technical issues. Includes Configuration Backup!
- Policy Manager – Create web usage restrictions, such as teacher vs student.
- Branding Manager – Customize “block” screens with your own messages and logo.
- WAN Failover – Keep yourself online with multiple ISP”s.
- WAN Balancer – Leverage multiple ISP”s for better bandwidth utilization.
- IPsec VPN – Securely connect your network to others.
- Application Control – Control any application or protocol with a checkbox or use the Integrated Rules Engine to leverage other Untangle apps for complex rules.
- Web Cache – Save time and money by caching frequently accessed items.
- Bandwidth Control – Prioritize traffic as you see fit.
- Virus Blocker – Prevent infections from reaching your network.
- Spam Blocker – Stop spam before it hits your mail server.
- Directory Connector – Enforce restrictions and view reports by Active Directory user name.
- Phish Blocker
- Intrusion Prevention
As of July 2018, the annual price for the Complete Package (covering up to 25 devices) costs $540.00. Find more information at https://www.untangle.com/shop/NG-Firewall-Complete. As of April 2022, Untangle is part of Arista Networks and branding on their website may be updated to reflect that
Note: After testing, Untangle has been approved as an acceptable category-based content filter if configured to meet the requirements set forth in the Weaverland Conference Electronic Technology Usage Guidelines. Please remember that no filter can be guaranteed to filter out all objectionable content; therefore the Weatec Accountability Software must be installed on all devices in order to be in compliance with Weaverland Conference guidelines. The accountability software logs all web traffic, thus fostering brotherhood accountability. So even if objectionable content is missed by Untangle, the content will still trigger a flag on the accountability server. Use the following configuration as a minimum; there is nothing preventing you from choosing stricter settings.