We will work together to uphold the Biblical principles and to create guidelines for safe use of electronic technology. The goal is to develop guidelines so that everyone, including the uninformed in technology, can safely use the good resources and not unwittingly stumble into sin by accessing the evil content that is available. We will endeavor to provide clear and safe guidelines that will promote purity and unity among Christ’s Church.
The purpose of the WMRC is to work with the Weatec Administration Committee to create guidelines for safe use of electronic technology.
We will endeavor to uphold the Biblical principles of:
- Setting no wicked thing before our eye, Maintain a pure mind and thoughts (Psalm 101:3) (Philippians 4:8) (Matthew 5:28)
- Learn not the way of the heathen, Not being linked to the world system (2 Corinthians 6:14-18) (Jeremiah 10:2)
- Life does not consist in the abundance of things, Not coveting the latest gadgets, especially those that tend to lead toward sin. (Luke 12:15) (Colossians 3:2)
- Not causing a little one to stumble, Not doing questionable things that will make it hard for others to follow Christ. (Matthew 18:6) (Romans 14:12-13)
- Redeeming the time, Not wasting our time and resources on worthless pursuits. (Ephesians 5:15-16) (1 Peter 4:3-5)
- Flee from idolatry, Not using any ‘thing’ that is more important, adored, or sought after by us than God and Christ Jesus. (1 John 5:21) (2 Corinthians 6:16)
The goal is to develop guidelines so that everyone, including the uninformed in technology, can safely use the good resources and not unwittingly stumble into sin by accessing the evil content that is available. We understand that we cannot keep a person from sinning, but we feel we can provide clear and safe guidelines so that a Christian can keep himself pure. Another goal is to maintain a uniform application of biblical principles among all members of the constituency.
Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. Abstain from all appearance of evil. (1 Thessalonians 5:21-22)