How to disable Safe Mode on Android
Safe Mode is a feature on the Android Operating System used to solve problems with configuration or app incompatibilities. Restarting the device in this mode will load only the System’s core applications. You can disable Safe Mode by encrypting your Android device.
Encryption is a security measure that protects all data stored on your device, so it cannot be seen in case the phone is lost or stolen. With the device encrypted, the user will only be able to activate Safe Mode on the Administrator account, which should be protected with a password.
Before you encrypt your phone, it’s important to note the following points:
- Encryption might slow the performance of the device. As all data is encrypted, the phone will need more time to process all information.
- It may not be possible to encrypt rooted devices. So you’ll may have to unroot the phone, if already rooted.
- Once encrypted, you cannot go back. If you want to decrypt the device you will need to do a Factory Reset, which will require your password.
- Make sure you have set a different account for the child on the device.
Getting ready to Encrypt an Android device
- The process may take more than one hour to finish, so make sure you have plenty of time available.
- Make sure the battery is fully charged and the device is plugged into a power source.
- Remember to unroot the device, in case it’s rooted.
Encrypting the device
1. Restart the phone and login on the Administrator account.
2. Go to Settings and look for the Encryption option. It’s usually on Settings > Security > Encryption.
3. Select the option to “Encrypt Phone”. You might be asked to confirm twice that you want to encrypt your phone and you might also be asked for the device’s passcode.
4. The encryption process should start after the confirmation. Depending on the amount of data stored on the device. This encryption process may take a long time finish.
5. When the encryption of the device is finished your phone should restart normally.
6. Make sure you have set a password to access your administrator account by going on the device’s Settings > Security > Screen Lock. You should set a code to pass the lock screen of the device.
That’s it. You will now need to enter your administrator password to enter the Safe Mode. Don’t forget to set a different account for the child on this device.
Other Options Include:
- MobiLock Pro Enterprise MDM
- Airwatch Enterprise MDM